February 04, 2008

it's changed.

I wanted to do a photography Web site, but it looks like it is turning into a no-can-do. Instead, I chose cooking, which is something I am not educated on...at all. My grandma knows a lot however, and has basically lived in the kitchen all her life. Unfortunately my mother did not pick up the skill as easy as her mother did, for at home we live off of take out orders and restaurants. Both are one hundred percent Italian and one hundred percent different, kitchen savoy wise. Cooking is something I have always tried to dabble myself in, but I, like my mom never got the hang of it.

I live off frozen foods and fruit snacks. Not so much the best diet in the world, but I am willing to change. I would love to know how to cook, and I am not blaming my mom but since she only uses her kitchen as a storage container I fear I will never learn.

I think this is a great chance to spend sometime with my grandma and obviously get to know her secret recipes! Maybe I will even be able to teach my mom something in the meantime!

No comments: